Activity Forums General General Discussions COVID-19 Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AdminJim
    Keymaster

Virus imageThe news about the Coronavirus, COVID-19, gets grimmer and grimmer daily it seems.
    According to the State of Florida, where I live, there have been 5 deaths, one was a traveler, the others were citizens. I do think this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. And there is a lot of misinformation out there.
    According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it takes a steady temperature of 140° – 150° Fahrenheit to kill most viruses. There is not a definitive number on COVID-19 that I could find. So people saying that the warm weather of summer will kill the virus are just completely wrong.
    In the meantime, we need to be smart. This will get better eventually but for now, use common sense. Wash hands or use hand sanitizer often. If you have an area, like in a convenience store where everyone touches the counter, clean it often. Clean any surfaces that people come in contact with often not because it can save you from getting infected with the virus, but you can also keep it from spreading to others.
    There is not a lot of information about how the virus affects people with MS. However we can use other viruses as a standard. Personally, if I get a cold or the flu it affects my MS. I have noticed that all of my symptoms worsen when I get sick.
    So, the bottom line is to use common sense like cleaning surfaces often, avoiding large crowds, and not standing too close to someone when talking to them is the best thing at the moment. I truly do expect this to get worse before it gets better.
    So everyone stay safe and please take care of yourself.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Jim&MS!

As you can see we are extremely new so there is one feature we would like to point out and a couple things we would like to ask of you.

First, if you look in the top right of the page you will see a little man in a circle that opens up a menu with accessibility options for our friends that may have challenges. It will allow you to change things like text size, page contrast and more. If you still have a challenge you can contact me here.

The other thing I would like to ask is a favor. If you can, please click on an ad once in a while. I have about $50 a month in expenses related to this site and don’t make even enough in three months to cover one month off of the ad revenue. I am on a fixed income, I am on disability here in the United States. I am sure most of you will know what that means.

And finally.  WELCOME to Jim & MS!